Experience the rich and glorious history of Greece through its Cultural Heritage. Archaeological Sites, UNESCO's Monuments, Archaeological, Byzantine and Folklore Museums along with Medieval Castles await you in every corner of Greece to discover them. Here you will find all the necessary information you need to visit them.
The Archaeological Museum of Heraklion is one of the most important museums in Europe and collects findings from all over Crete, thus revealing the island's rich history, estimated more than 5,500 years. Of great importance, among its collections, are the unique masterpieces of Minoan art, whose evolving history throughout the ages can be admired.
Full admission: 6€
General admission for adults
Reduced admission: 4€
The following visitors are entitled to a reduced admission:
1. Greek Senior citizens and Senior citizens from EU countries, 65 years of age and over, with current identification card
2. Young persons under 18 years of age, from non-EU countries, with current identification card to confirm age
3. Students from Higher Education Institutions, from non-EU countries, with current student identification card or International Student Identity Card
The following visitors are entitled to free admission:
1. Young persons under 18 years of age, from EU countries, with current identification card
2. Greek unemployed citizens, with identification card and current unemployment card
3. Visitors with disabilities from EU and non-EU countries
Unified ticket: Full admission: 10€, Reduced admission: 5€
The Unified ticket is valid for the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion and Knossos
April 1st - October 31st
Monday to Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
Phone: (+30) 2810 279086
The Archaeological Museum is located in the city center, at Xanthoudidou Street.
People with disabilities have easy access to all areas of the Museum.
Latest update: 13/6/2015