Castle of Platamon
The Castle of Platamon is located southeast of Mount Olympus near the homonymous village of Platamonas. The well-preserved octagonal tower, which dominates from a height of 16 meters is visible even from the passage of the highway. The castle belongs to the Middle Byzantine period and was built in the 10th century AD. The castle has passed under the occupation of the Franks, Greeks, Turks and Venetians in the passage of time, and in 1941 suffered bombardment by German troops. Inside the castle walls the church of Agia Paraskevi is maintained. Entrance to the castle is open to anyone who wishes to visit and see the magical view of the settlement of Platamonas and the Panteleimon beach.
Entrance is free